The Allensbach Institute offers services covering the entire spectrum of market research. In this respect, we are able to take advantage of two particular strengths of our institute:
- We can combine the findings of our market research studies with the extensive data contained in the Allensbach Archives concerning both social trends and long-term developments in individual markets. In this way, trends in specific business sectors and markets can be viewed in a larger context, thus enabling us to distinguish between long-term trends and short-lived fads.
- The Allensbach Institute has one of the largest field organizations for face-to-face interviews in Germany, with about 1,600 trained face-to-face interviewers located throughout the entire country, so we are easily able to reach and personally interview our clients' desired target groups or (potential) customers. Of course, we also offer our clients all of the other important survey methods (telephone, online, postal) when appropriate.
Our main emphases in the area of market research are:
- Strategic market research
- Studies on the development of market segments and market potential
- Brand and image analyses
- Market tests (for example, of concepts, names, products, advertising materials)
- Tests of advertising effectiveness, campaign tracking
- Customer satisfaction analyses
The following are a few examples of the many studies conducted by the Allensbach Institute over the past years, many of which were also published by the clients who commissioned the studies:
- Nutrition as a mirror of society ("Nestlé-Ernährungsstudie")
- Postbank study on private retirement plans
- Trends in the premium automotive market
- Market trends in individual business sectors, for which we can refer, in some cases, to trend data going back to the 1950s (e.g. opticians/glasses, motorcycles)
- Tourism studies on the image and market potential of various travel destinations and tourist regions
- Regional studies (for example, on the attractiveness of various locations in Germany)
- Customer satisfaction studies for banks and insurance companies
Back to "Areas of expertise"